Defending Your Brand Against the Online Ordering Portals.
Dont give up. Fight back! Here are a few things you must be doing if you want to have any chance of getting customers to order from your website:
1. Your website must be mobile friendly as well as your ordering platform.
2. Building your database is a must. On your website you must have a private label ordering solution that allows you to acquire customers email addresses for future marketing.
3. Have a loyalty program that gives your customers an incentive to order from your website. Do not offer coupons or discounts for any portal orders. When customers order, they must pay full price (unless they order from your website).
4. Learn how to send email campaigns. With the database you build in the Click a Waiter system, send your best customers an email once a month with some sort of promotion.
5. Promote one website only. Do not let the portals create websites for you. When someone Googles your name, your site should be the first choice. These are your customers looking for you. Dont let the portal hijack them to their site.
The portals pray on ignorance. While you are forced to use them, it is imperative that you make a concerted effort to drive repeat customers back to your site for ordering; unless you can afford giving up 15-25% on each and every order? Doing nothing is not an option. Follow these steps and you can drive customers to your website to order, saving you money and helping your business.
Osvaldo Rodriguez is Founder and CEO of Click a Waiter Inc, a private label online ordering solution for restaurants world wide. Osvaldo also founded Foodie Taxi, a Leominster Mass restaurant delivery service for restaurants. His experience as a RDS operator coupled with Click a Waiter being an early adopter of online ordering gives him a perspective unlike any in the industry.