10 Things You Can (Must) do to Get Grubhub Customers to Order from Your Website
1. Offer customers a first time discount.
2. Have a loyalty program in place.
3. Create special offers that can be redeemed only at your site.
4. Create a unique coupon that can be given to Grub Hub customers specifically; this will motivate them to order from your website (when they do, you will now own their email info).
5. On a regular basis send out emails to your database with special offers or coupons.
6. Make sure customers who order from Grubhub pay full price and dont get any special offers or coupons.
7. Market only your website for online/mobile ordering at the restaurant. Dont put up their signs, use their bags, use their coupons, etc.
8. For those who really believe in their brand and business. Turn off Grubhub for a couple weeks and require all orders to come in from your website.
9. Make sure your website is mobile friendly (not just a shrunken version of your desktop).
10. Remind your customers to order from your website, not Grub Hub’s. Paying 15% and higher is not sustainable (except of course for Grubhub).